Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Late Night Ideas

So here I am, it is 12:30 pm and I just could not go to bed until I completed an idea I had in my head.

Repurposing items that I bring into my home is a complete obsession. Just because something has served its purpose does not mean that it should be tossed out. Find a new purpose for it and give it a new life is our motto around this house!

So sitting next to my washing machine were 2 cloth bags, one from Rock N' Green and the other from Charlie's Soap. I knew that I could figure out some way to reuse these small cloth bags. Well, today it finally hit me, make small wet bags from them!

Not only did I now have a new use for the cloth bags, but also a new use for a bunch of pocket diapers I bought on Ebay a while back. The diapers were terrible since the touch tape was not holding the diaper on my children at all. I have been repurposing the soft part of the touch tape for some capes that I had been making and saving all of the PUL trying to figure out what to do with it.

Well here is, the awesome small drawstring wet bag that I came up with.

It was so simple, I think I sewed it in about 15 minutes. All I did was sew the PUL on 3 sides to the measurements of the bag and then sew a hem for the top (open) part of the PUL. Then I put the wrong sides together and zigzag stitched the whole way around to attach it to the detergent bag. DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment