Saturday, January 30, 2010

Who Knew I'd be Shopping Like This...

Woo Hoo, our tax return came yesterday!!! So last night we loaded up the family and headed out to eat. That was a blast, we went to Nakashima, a hibachi restaurant, for a nice meal. Well, ok maybe not a blast as it was a Meinnert family night out. Ajay was crying because he didn't want to see the fire, Zola was laughing because she is so excited to see the fire, Taj was intrigued by all of the fire at the other tables and little Peylyn couldn't care less. Oh well, I always enjoy a night out when I don't have to worry about cooking for two meat eaters and two vegetarians. Then there is Taj who just wants to play with the food and throw whatever he doesn't want at my head.

Anyway, after we left Perry asked if I wanted to go to Kohl's. Well, since I am down to one pair of jeans that fits me (post baby) and three tunics that I bought at the hippy store downtown, because they are great for nursing, I of course was all over the thought of having a few new items.

Items purchased included 2 pairs of jeans, 2 tank tops (the ones with the spaghetti straps and the boob shelf also serving to hide my tummy when shirt is pulled up to nurse) and 4 cotton tunic type tops. As we are checking out, Perry is looking at the items I chose. He asked "is there a reason you can't ever choose something that actually sits next to your body and shows your curves?" My reply was "How the hell do you comfortably nurse two babies in tight fitting clothes?" The cashier was loving this conversation.

It hit me then how much everything I do is centered around nursing a baby. It doesn't matter if you are nursing one baby, two or even ten, when you decide that this is the path for you and your child/children it is amazing how you will alter your life to do just that. When we discuss going out to eat, I only go to places where I know I can nurse Peylyn comfortably, the women I surround myself with are all so supportive, the clothes I buy are all about comfort while nursing and even the church the kids and I started attending, I chose to continue going there after the second time we attended and a woman approached me to tell me how beautiful it was to see me nursing my baby.

It is a beautiful and amazing thing! When I look at my two precious babies I can not believe that there are people out there that think that a mother feeding her child with her own milk is unnatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment