Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What a day...

So yes, tandem nursing has its beautiful moments and then there are days like today. I love that Taj is still so enthusiastic about nursing, but seriously he has become a bit of a boob hog!!! Half of the time I wonder if he even wants to nurse or if he just wants to because his little sister is. Today was exceptionally bad because she really wasn't all that interested in it. So of course as I was completely obsessing over why my 4 month old did not want to nurse, all Taj wanted to do was "nur." So I am in the comfy chair trying to get Peylyn to latch on and I have Taj on the other side screaming "nur, nur." I told him (though I don't think he cared) that until Peylyn nurses he needs to get down and play with his puzzle. This was followed by his response to any situation that is not going his way. He screamed at the top of his lungs. At this point Peylyn completely lost interest because all she wanted to do was stare at this crazy kid sitting on the other side of me screaming.

Finally she nursed and he calmed down and nursed as well. So, there I sat feeling like a crummy mom because I had a son upset that I was letting him nurse until Peylyn did. Then I turned on the DVRed episode of "Teen Mom" from MTV and all of those "bad mom" feelings went right out the window! Both Peylyn and Taj stopped nursing to stare at their crazy mom who was yelling terrible things at the tv.

Oh well, even with all of the tears today we still had a great day. It makes me so proud to see how close Taj and Peylyn are. He is so good with her and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that when she into this world it was not "Ok Taj move over because now the baby is the only one that gets to nurse." It was "Come and join us Taj, the more the merrier."

No comments:

Post a Comment