Friday, July 2, 2010

New WildTree Rep in Town

Well here we go, I am going to try this one last time. Third time is a charm right? I have tried this "selling" thing before and failed, but I have a good feeling about this one. I joined the ranks of WildTree pushers the yesterday under Rachel. I really felt that I needed to give it a try since I really do feel that it is something that I can stand behind. When Perry comments that I might want to look into it because it has really helped my cooking then I know that this could be something worth looking into.

My order from my party was small, but what I do have (grape seed oil, fajita blend, korma curry and Thai red curry paste) gets used almost every day and I want more. I have found that these spice blends have really helped with my cooking creativity. Trust me, a lot of that is needed when you are cooking for 2 meat eaters, 2 vegetarians and one child on the raw/breastmilk diet (Taj). I am anxious to see where Peylyn winds up with her choices of food once she starts eating.

Today I was really craving some hummus, but my lack of tahini in the house had me thinking that I should make something else with my garbanzo beans. As I was standing there trying to come up with something for lunch I noticed my left over guacamole blend from my tasting. I thought I would give it a try and I wound up with an AWESOME batch of hummus!!!!!

Thomasa's WildTree Hummus:

1 Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
4 1/2 tsp WildTree Guacamole Blend
2 Cloves of Garlic
Juice from 1/2 of a Lemon
1 Tbs Grape Seed Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (you may need to add a little water). Store in an air tight container in the fridge.

This stuff was seriously good and really hit the spot! I sat down at the table with a huge plate of veggies, a ton of hummus and New Moon and enjoyed an incredible lunch!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment